Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
This cinnamon swirl loaf is a quick bread as it uses bicarbonate of soda to rise. It is fast and not to mention easy to make! The secret ingredient is Fair Cape Dairies Amasi, which they kindly sent me.
This delightful treat combines the softness of a classic loaf with the enticing sweetness of cinnamon swirls. Each slice perfectly harmonizes fluffy bread and deliciously gooey cinnamon sugar. Get ready to bake up a storm and fill your home with the warmth of freshly baked goodness!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Swirl Loaf:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl:
- 3tsp ground cinnamon
- 2Tb sugar (brown or white)
Vanilla Glace Icing (Topping):
- 2Tb icing sugar
- 1 cap full vanilla essence
- 2 cap fulls milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Prepare a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and spray n cook.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, bicarb, salt) into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into another bowl (buttermilk, egg, oil) and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. DO NOT overmix.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf tin, then sprinkle 2/3rds of the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cover with remaining batter and remaining sugar mix.
- Swirl with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Wait until the loaf cools down before you add the glaze (mix all ingredients together).
If you have a loved one’s birthday or special occasion coming up, I highly recommend gifting a freshly baked cinnamon swirl loaf. It is versatile, and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways; whether toasted and spread with butter, eaten plain, or used as a French toast for bread pudding, the possibilities are endless! It literally feels like a warm hug.
For a different kind of loaf, I highly recommend trying out this Coconut Yoghurt Loaf!