Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins
I was in the mood to bake something to take to work for tea time, and decided to go against every single muffin recipe that I normally make (bran, healthy, carrot/apple/banana, less sugar) and made these Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins instead. It’s basically cake, people.
Original recipe from Spruce Eats
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 Tb baking powder (I used 2Tb by mistake, but have now made this recipe twice and prefer the texture with 2Tb of baking powder. It is much lighter.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 caps of vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and grease a muffin tray or line with muffin cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin case until its 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.