Day 118 of lockdown and my love for banana bread is still going strong. I haven’t baked or blogged in a while, due to moving apartments and being really bogged down with working from home. I’ve really missed my creative outlet of practical classes with my students and cooking/baking for fun. This made me realise that I need SOME creative outlet, whether its painting, drawing, making something with my hands or colouring in otherwise I will go crazy. In a desperate attempt to use up 2 very brown bananas I came up with this one bowl banana bread recipe…and its good people!
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- cinnamon, measured with your heart not mind
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Start by mashing bananas in a big bowl. Add the egg into it and beat until combined. Then add the white sugar and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Chuck in a lot of cinnamon or your other favourite spices, then sift over flour and bicarb into the same bowl.
- Fold mixture and empty into a sprayed/greased/lined loaf tin. Sprinkle some oats on top or whatever else your heart desires.
- Bake for 30-40 mins at 180°C or until golden brown on top.