Savoury Sweetcorn Muffins
Let me share the story of these delightful savoury sweetcorn muffins that came to be quite unexpectedly. It all started with a spontaneous purchase of a pack of four corn on the cob, driven by an intense craving for roasted corn. But, as fate would have it, those cobs remained untouched, sitting patiently in the fridge while I got busy with other things.
Determined not to let them go to waste, I decided to salvage the situation. I took matters into my own hands, cutting the sweet corn kernels off the cob and giving them a quick pan-fry, intending to make salad bowls for the week. However, life took its course, and the salad idea was put on hold, resulting in these muffins as a third-time charm. It’s funny how sometimes the best creations come from unexpected moments of kitchen experimentation!
- 2 cups, corn kernels
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- a few basil leaves
- 1 spring onion
- (other seasoning of choice – chilli flakes, black pepper etc.)
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease muffin tray. Dust lightly with flour to help stop sticking.
- Add corn, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, salt, cheese, basil, spring onion into bowl as well as other seasoning if you want.
- Sift over flour and baking powder into bowl and fold into wet ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- That’s it! your savoury sweetcorn muffins are ready to be enjoyed.
- 2 cups of corn kernels would roughly be just under 4 corn on the cobs.
- I had these with some salted butter, I felt like it needed the extra salt…and maybe I should have added chilli lol.
You will find, these savoury sweetcorn muffins are a delightful fusion of flavors and textures. Packed with golden kernels of sweet corn, they are perfect for those who appreciate a hint of sweetness balanced with savory notes. With a golden-brown crust and a soft, fluffy interior, these are a comforting treat, ideal for breakfast or a tasty snack.
If you find yourself in the mood for a sweet treat, try out these crunchy blueberry streussel muffins!